Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy I will explain how I will treat your personal information.
The site uses software from Automattic, the organisation behind a variety of products and services designed to allow anyone – from bloggers, to small business owners, and enterprises – to create, publish and manage their own websites.
The remainder of this document will explain how I collect and process information about the visitors to Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes through WordPress.com, Jetpack and Akismet.
Please note: I am not responsible for the republishing of content found on this blog on other websites or media without my permission.
Information collected about visitors to my site by Automattic:
Automattic collects information about visitors to my site in a few different ways – they collect certain information that you provide to my site, they collect some information automatically and they collect any information that my site provides to them about you.
- Information you provide to Mr Baker’s Blog from Baker’s Cakes:
Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes using Jetpack or WordPress.com, Automattic collect the sign-up information requested by my site, which is an email address.
Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes, Automattic collect that comment and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, namely the visitor’s name and email address.
Other Information Entered on the Site: Automattic may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site – such as a search query.
- Information Automattic automatically collects from Mr Baker’s Blog from Baker’s Cakes:
Automattic also automatically collect some information about visitors to Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes:
- Technical data from a visitor’s computer or other similar device: Automattic collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: They collect information about a visitor’s interactions with Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to the site using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
- Location Information: They may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. They collect and use this information to, for example, tally how many people visit my site from certain geographic regions.
- Akismet Commenter Information: Automattic collect information about visitors who comment on Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes via the Akismet anti-spam service. The information collected includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referring site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address and the comment itself).
How I use visitor information:
I use information about visitors to Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes in order to create and manage my site, flag and fight comments from spammers and interact with my readers through comments, track backs and direct emails.
Automattic may also use and share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify any individual. For instance, they may publish aggregate statistics about the use of their services.
How visitor information from Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes may be shared:
Automattic may share information collected about my visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: Automattic may disclose visitor information to their subsidiaries, employees and independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help them provide their services to me, or to process the information on their behalf. They require their subsidiaries, employees and independent contractors to adhere to their own Privacy Notice for information about my visitors that they share with them. https://automattic.com/privacy/
Third Party Links:
If you leave Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes via a hyperlink, I do not have any control over that website and cannot be held responsible for the safety of your information. It remains your decision to visit hyperlinked external links and up to you whether you give your personal information.
Your right to request your information or to have it withdrawn:
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information we hold, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask for your information to be amended or removed at any time.
You may also remove yourself from my mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email you receive from Mr Baker’s Blog from Mr Baker’s Cakes.
Last updated on 24 May 2018